Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Thursday taster 34: Parallel Slip

Hello everybody and welcome to a new Thursday Taster! 
Please don't forget to check on the other tasters, you can find the list here.
A few weeks ago, if you remember, Frederic was talking about time and how she couldn't understand why the time seemed to have been passing differently in different universes. I found the picture above and though it was quite fitting that moment but it was already passed so I'm using it today instead. We start back just where we left off last week when Frederic was eavesdropping with Sabine worrying about her health.

"But what if something happened to her? I don't want her to get hurt because I'm unable to give her proper care, I mean if it was Jonas fainting like that, I'll be hysterical," she said.
I had expected her to say "what will her mother said if something happened to her, the cops already came her today", but I realized that she was not my mother and she considered that my fainting was about me, and not about her.
"Nothing will happen to her? Nothing ever happened to her, except few bumps and bruises when she falls," my father said. "There is a lot more risks if we freak out every single time."
Sabine put the pancake in Jonas' plate.
"I'm not sure, she looks strong, but she is just a girl, we are all weak somewhere," Sabine said.
"I still haven't figured out where though," I said.
"Oh, you were here," Sabine said as if I had taken her at fault.
I sat next to Jonas.
"I like it," I said.
"What?" Sabine answered.
"I like blacking out," I said.
They all looked at me as if I just had said something really crazy. Somehow I had, it was the first time I was voicing it out loud and I could understand that it sounded crazy so I decided to explain.
"When I black out, it's not all black, I see things that nobody else can see," I said.
"Everybody has dreams," my father answered.
"Not like this, not that clear, I know because I dream too," I said.
He sighed, that wasn't really a conversation making him comfortable.
"That's why I'm going to university, to figure out what happens to me when I black out," I said.
"By studying physics," my father answered.
"Yes, quantum physics for what I see and neurology for what's going on in my brain," I answered.
"I think that's a good idea," Sabine said. "I hope that Jonas will be as ambitious when he is your age."
"But I don't fall with stories in my head," Jonas answered.
"But I'm sure there is something as special about you," I said. "Even if just yet, it's not as visible."
Sabine put a pancake in my plate and I tried to decide which topping could go with my last story.


http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

1 comment:

  1. I think this supportive environment is going to be wonderful for her.

    ReplyDelete