Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Mich’s summer mystery: Rhinoceros ride


If you are looking for the Indie Block Party, look here or scroll down. 

Hello wonderful people and welcome to a new Mich's Summer Mystery post.

Still no winner!!  Last time, oh so long ago, Mich couldn't doubt that the rhinoceros she was riding would take her to the right place... hum... really... how did she know that?
And today we are going to ride the famous rhinoceros.

If you didn't join the event yet it's not too late, you can find the rules here, and be the first to know when the next Mich's Summer Mystery post is out by follow one of those pages: Mes crazy experiences and Linda Hamonou's writing corner, on twitter @crazypuce and on the facebook event page.  
After her weird awakening for lunch time, Mich met her mum in the Kitchen and she was very suspicious. Then it was time for shower. Mich was having some kind of problem with the mirror and she appears to be sucked inside it then she met the colorful inhabitants of this new side of the mirror and they were just mouths. She continued to explored the mirror world and met with some flower girls who didn't seem too happy that she had lost something, they pointed her to a group of rhinoceros attended to by a young boy who managed to get Mich to climb on the back of one of them. 


Mich’s summer mystery: Rhinoceros ride

I rode my rhinoceros the best I could but I couldn’t stop being nervous. The rhinoceros chewed greenery while progressing quickly through the multitude of colorful people. The streets seemed to be moving on the side of me while the rhinoceros stood there idle. Weird feelings on my skin moved with the street. The cold wind seemed to be entering my body right through my clothes to get to my soul. The rhinoceros didn’t seem disturbed by it. It never stopped chewing. It swung my body from left to right, I clung the best I could, fingers tightly pressing on the rhinoceros’ huge body moving between my legs. Its skin took new colors close to my fingers. But the rhinoceros couldn’t be bothered.

I tried to look where we were going. In front of me, I couldn’t distinguish the street, only emptiness, the rhinoceros seemed to be rediscovering the world with every bite it took on the greenery. The streets on the left side become lighter, more luminous while the right side seemed to drown in the emptiness. I thought the rhinoceros might be turning to the right but I couldn’t be sure. It move too quickly, I felt dizzy once more, worried the emptiness would come to me.
But the boy told me right, the rhinoceros knew where I needed to go. The rhinoceros knew everything. It suddenly stopped. I slide to the front, pressing even more on it, trying not to enter the emptiness in front of us. The rhinoceros stopped chewing. The tree stood in front of me. I never thought trees could look like this. It couldn’t be willows. Now, I suddenly understood how people knew the difference. Purple trunk, purple tree, this tree, my tree, without doubt, monochrome.

I put my left leg on the other side of the rhinoceros, slide on its huge body. I didn’t feel frightened, it felt like home. The uniformity of the tree didn’t fit this world, the exit stood in front of me. I could go out of the mirror.

“Click, click, click,” the noise held my entire focus.

“Click, click, click,” I noticed there weren’t other sounds, I stood in silence.

Only this weird “click, click, click,” three then nothing, then three click then nothing. I move to the front of my rhinoceros my fingers never stopped holding onto it, like securing my return. Return to where? I couldn’t know. It just felt good to be with the rhinoceros.

“Click, click, click,” the sound on the other side of the tree.

The rhinoceros turned on itself. I knew it would go now, my tree stood in front of me. I sight with some regrets. I wished to keep it with me, even wish to bring it home but my room seemed too tiny for it.

I didn’t notice how but suddenly I couldn’t see it. The tree only stood there idle in the wind.

“Click, Click, click,” something obscure hid behind the tree.

I move closer.

“Click, click, click,” he smiled. “I looked for you everywhere Mich.” 

****************************

That's all for today. I hope you enjoyed this new part of the story. Any idea where Mich should go next?  Did you already solve the mystery? I don't think so but if you did just let me know!
Send  your answer to mescrazyexperiences@yahoo.com

Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment