Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Monday, August 26, 2013

Indie Block Party Post 5: What are you currently reading?

This is the start of the second week of the Indie Block Party. Indie authors have gathered to talk about... Indie author stuff, like writing and stories and trying not to bored the readers, you should check them out HERE it might be fun.
Today I'm supposed to talk about my current reading. If you have read the last challenge post, you will know that I'm back on RMOD (Read More Or Die) which is a reading contest in second language.
At the moment I'm reading (struggling with): ビブリア古書堂の事件手帖 (Biburia Koshodō no Jiken Techō) or in English: The notebook cases of Biblia Antiquarian bookshop. I don't think it has been translated so I have to read it in Japanese.


Blurb: Goura Daisuke can't read novels, he suffers from dizziness every time he tries due to a childhood trauma. At the death of his grand-mother, his mother sends him to Biblia Antiquarian bookstore to sell his grand-mother's old books. The owner of the shop, Shinokawa Shioriko is young and beautiful and knows more about book than what is normally to be seen. Looking at one of the volumes in Daisuke's grand-mother's collection, she uncovers the secret the old lady had been hiding all those years. Shioriko will hire Daisuke in the store to teach him about books and discover more book related secrets.

I discovered this book when watching the drama inspired from it. The story is bases in an old bookstore shop which already set up for mystery. The customer's books in the hands of Shioriko have a lot to say about their owners' past or the past of their family. Shioriko's detective's habilities soon become contagious for Daisuke. 

I'm struggling with reading it because there are still kanji combinations that I don't know and I don't know their pronunciations either. The plan is to read at least ten pages a day. If I can manage that it will be a miracle.


Find us on Google+

4 comments:

  1. Wow, thats impressive. Good luck with your reading challenge! The story sounds fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an interesting story. And reading it in another language...you are amamzing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, sounds like an interesting story. Good luck getting through your number of pages/day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Millie for me English is also another language. ;)

    ReplyDelete