Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Sunday, November 4, 2012

NaNoWriMo : Demon World part 3 & Tips 2

Yesterday I didn't write.I know that's bad, but as I said in the previous post things like "life" happen and sometimes it makes it difficult to concentrate on writing even when you want to.
But of course today I caught up.
I'm at 10061, which is not only right on track for my 2500 words per day schedule but also two days in advance for the normal NaNoWriMo schedule. The first 10000 words are easy and hard to get at the same time. Easy because the beginning of a story is mostly clear in the mind of the writer, hard because you are not yet using your potential writing inertia and you still need to go dig up for motivation looking at the mountain of words in front of you.
All Novels Drafts 

So you have to break the mountain into small pieces. Be happy with every couple of words you right. My tool to do that and this is the tip of the day is :  
Update your word count on the NaNo website every 5 minutes. 
And by that I mean, write with your NaNo stat page open, every time you take back your breath and start thinking after a sentence or a paragraph, update your word count. That way you will see it grow slowly and it's very motivating. Even 100 words more, even 50 words more deserve to be updated, because after all, all you have to do is to write an easy 100 words often enough.

Enlarge this document in a new window





No comments:

Post a Comment