Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Reading Challenge

I love books, when I was living in Belfast there was a shop where you could get second hands books for very cheap and it's the same in Japan so I collected a lot of books that I didn't really have time to properly read.
Several times while reading on internet I came across this idea (don't ask me from who it is) it says if you want to read many books get a empty shelve and make a pile with your books near it, then you are allowed to tidy the books by putting them on the shelve only when you are done reading them. I thought the idea was funny and he did turn a bit in my mind but the last time I saw it, I decided that I needed to give it a try. First because it is clearly bugging me to have all those unread books.
Second because you can never know if something will work before you try it for yourself (No it wouldn't work for me bullshit here).
Thirdly because it does make my room look kinda cool this way.
I emptied my closet (and I wonder how the books could fit in in the first place). I empty the shelve of the unread books and here we go.
Book corner front view
Book corner side view











































The books include, English classic, American classic, Homere and Virgil, scientific book (Mathematic, Physics, Chemistry, Paleontology... ), Japanese Manga, Harry Potter 3 in Japanese, one novel in German...

I have books from my "special collection" which will need to be read later as they involve the fact that I'm not fluent in their language and sometimes even don't have the basics.

Some more books will be added soon as I'm waiting for two package from Amazon, one containing American classical science fiction novels and one being "The Fault in Our Start" (more about it later).

I don't know how long it's going to take me to read all this, if I was still in middle school I would say two months but with my actual life, I have no idea. Stay tuned for the updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment